IPL treatments stimulate collagen production, decreases the appearance of fine lines, sunspots, redness and vessels. IPL improves the appearance of photo-aged skin, reduce age spots (sun-induced freckles), most benign brown pigments, and redness caused by broken capillaries through a process called photo rejuvenation for face and body.
Skin rejuvenation with Intense Pulse Light (IPL) technology is the gold standard for reversing sun damage and creating a more even skin tone and therefore, a more youthful appearance.
The treatment consists of multiple pulses of intense light applied to the area of concern. Treatment typically takes about 10-20 minutes and begins on cleansed skin, with a cool, clear gel applied to the area to be treated. Dark goggles or eye pads will be given to protect your eyes from irritation.
The smooth glass surface of the IPL crystal is gently applied to your skin and pulses of light are applied. A slight warm stinging sensation, similar to a rubber band snap, might be felt. Noticeable cosmetic improvements can be seen within 1-2 weeks with immediate response occurring within minutes after the first treatment. Several treatments may be needed to achieve desired affects and the number of treatments depends on the severity of the problem. The process is ideal for patients with active lifestyles because the procedure requires no downtime and has a low risk of side effects. The gentle, non-ablative treatments use broad spectrum light to treat the face, chest, neck and hands—virtually anywhere that sun damage shows.
- The treatment is quick and non-invasive. There is no interruption of routine activities.
- A series of 4-6 treatments 4 weeks apart is most effective.
- By helping to remove the age spots (sun-induced freckles) and broken capillaries, the result is overall more even, luminous, younger looking skin.
- Patients can see dramatic results within a very short time.
- The daily use of sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher) is highly recommended for treated areas.
Our professionals at Luxe Aesthetic Center, can prescribe an at-home skin care regimen to maximize treatments results.